In the end, a Gladiator was no match for a Stingray. Our report about the cloth dropping on the all-new, mid-engine 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray mounted a decisive victory against a formidable opponent in our first-hand account of driving the 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon on an intensive off-road course, sans doors. It was an all-out enthusiast fantasy face-off.
Related: Here’s What We Know About the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette
Last week, GM revealed the rabidly anticipated eighth-generation Vette, with its mid-engine Ferrari flourishes and anticipated sub-three-second sprint underlining boasts of it being the fastest Stingray ever. And all of these performance promises come at a relative bargain, with Chevy vowing the Vette will retain its status as the attainable supercar at a starting price of less than $60,000.
Given all that, how could our rundown of “fast facts” on this fast car notrace straight to No. 1 on our weekly list of most popular articles? Well, we’ll never know, ’cuz it did — but to do so, it had to climb over the formidable obstacle of Cars.com Executive Editor Joe Wiesenfelder’s off-road experience in the Gladiator, in which he makes a case for the all-new pickup truck’s removable-doors feature as an advantage over side mirrors and even the truck’s forward-facing trail camera when crawling rocks and such.
However, the doorless Gladiator’s unobstructed view could only get it a good look at the back of the Corvette, as the Jeep pickup had to settle for second place. Rounding out the top five are our rundown of things we like (and a few we’re not crazy about) in the 2019 BMW X5 at No. 3, a comprehensive collection of Cars.com content constituting everything you need to know as you shop for a 2019 Hyundai Tucson at No. 4, and our pricing guide on the 2020 Subaru Outback wagon and Legacy sedan at No. 5. Oh, and don’t miss our story celebrating this past July 16 as National Stick Shift Day — the holiday we invented — at No. 7.
Catch up on this and a whole lot more car coverage below. Here are the top 10 news stories Cars.com readers couldn’t get enough of in the past week:
1. 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: 8 Fast Facts About the Fastest Vette of All Time
2. Doorless 2020 Jeep Gladiator Isn’t Just for Fun
3. 2019 BMW X5: 9 Things We Like, 4 Things We Don’t
4. 2019 Hyundai Tucson: Everything You Need to Know
5. 2020 Subaru Outback and Legacy: New Features, Familiar Price
6. Top 5 Reviews and Videos of the Week: Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid Tussles With Telluride
7. National Stick Shift Day: 6 Cars We Wish Had Manuals (and 3 We’re OK Without)
8. 2019 GMC Sierra 1500: 7 Things We Like and 4 Not So Much
9. All the Pickup Truck News: Jeep Gladiator Buying Guide, Ford Truck Emoji and More
10. Destination Fees on Cars Are Way Up; Here’s Why
Cars.com’s Editorial department is your source for automotive news and reviews. In line with Cars.com’s long-standing ethics policy, editors and reviewers don’t accept gifts or free trips from automakers. The Editorial department is independent of Cars.com’s advertising, sales and sponsored content departments.
Source: Read Full Article