The Subaru Outback underwent a subtle but major redesign for the 2020 model year, moving to a new platform underneath while keeping the skin covering up that platform very similar to the previous generation. Did the new Outback impress us after our time behind the wheel? In short: Yes. Hell yes. Cars.com’s Aaron Bragman in his review of the Outback — which debuts at No. 1 this week among our most popular reviews — was especially impressed by how the new platform impacted the driving experience.
Related: More Expert Car Reviews
“Put simply, the Outback drives like a premium luxury vehicle,” according to Bragman. “Think Audi A6 or Volvo V90 wagon, not SUV competitors like the Chevrolet Blazer, Hyundai Santa Fe or Jeep Grand Cherokee. The Outback’s body control is exceptional, with ride and handling that feels sophisticated in a way I haven’t experienced before in a Subaru product. Subaru’s Ascent three-row SUV is pretty good, but its bulk prevents it from being enjoyable to drive. Not so in the Outback; while the steering isn’t huge on feel or feedback, it does have firmness, heft, accuracy and a surprisingly quick steering ratio that makes the car feel nimble.
You can find out the rest of his take on the 2020 Outback by following the link below. Also be sure to check out our review of the 2020 Toyota Corolla by Cars.com’s Fred Meier, bowing near the top of the list this week.
The weekly top videos list welcomes our First Drive of the 2020 Jeep Gladiator, which squeezes out the 2019 Toyota RAV4. The rest of the list changes only in order, with our First Drive of the 2020 Hyundai Palisade retaking the top spot.
Check out the top five reviews and videos of the week below.
Top 5 Reviews
1. 2020 Subaru Outback Review: Punching Above Its Weight Class
2. 2020 Toyota Corolla Review: Hatchback-Nice With a Trunk and Real Backseat
3. 2019 Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid Review: More Efficient, Less Useful
4. 2020 Kia Telluride Review: The New Big SUV Benchmark
5. 2020 Volvo XC90 Review: An Aging Icon Learns New Tricks
Top 5 Videos
1. 2020 Hyundai Palisade: First Drive
2. 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye: Drag-Strip Tested
3. 2020 Jeep Gladiator: First Drive
4. 2019 Compact SUV Challenge: How Do the CR-V, Rogue and Others Compare to the Tiguan?
5. What’s The Best Mid-Size SUV For 2019?
Cars.com’s Editorial department is your source for automotive news and reviews. In line with Cars.com’s long-standing ethics policy, editors and reviewers don’t accept gifts or free trips from automakers. The Editorial department is independent of Cars.com’s advertising, sales and sponsored content departments.
Source: Read Full Article