The two special editions are coming to the U.S. in limited numbers.
Shortly after coming out with the M4 Edition M Heritage, BMW is launching two additional special editions for global consumption. This time around, they’re based on the i3s hatchback and the i8 in both coupe and roadster body styles, with all three getting an assortment of cosmetic upgrades inside and out to tempt you into buying an eco-friendly Bimmer.
The petite i3s goes by the rather generic name of “Edition RoadStyle” and you can have it in any color you’d like as long as it’s (Fluid) Black. There are “E-Copper” accents here and there, such as the ones on the kidney grille inlays, air deflectors on the front bumper, and also on the side skirts. The dark theme is continued by the 20-inch alloy wheels design featuring a double-spoke design and a Jet Black finish.
Inside, the BMW i3s Edition RoadStyle has gained natural leather upholstery in Dalbergia Brown complemented by Dark Oak matt fine wood trim. Rounding off the changes are the headrests carrying an embroidered logo denoting the special edition’s name.
Coming to the U.S., the fancy i3s will enter production late this year and will be capped globally at 900 units.
Gallery: BMW i3s RoadStyle, i8 Ultimate Sophisto
As for the i8 duo, the plug-in hybrid coupe and roadster in Ultimate Sophisto guise are dipped in Sophisto Grey metallic paint and then BMW slaps some E-Copper accents to spruce things up. The electrified sports car rides on 20-inch radial-spoke wheels featuring those contrasting accents you’ll also notice on the front grille and side skirts.
At the back, the tailgate inlay has a high-gloss finish, much like the brake calipers further beautified by the BMW i badging and blue detailing. Door sill plates carrying the “Ultimate Sophisto Edition” lettering and a “1 of 200” badge inside the cabin complete the list of tweaks. The two i8s are generously equipped with a head-up display, ceramic controls, a Harman Kardon sound system, and navigation with support for Apple CarPlay. Go for the coupe and BMW will give the headliner an anthracite makeover.
The i8 is considerably more exclusive than the i3s since BMW will produce 200 examples for the entire world, starting late 2019.
Pricing for both special editions will be announced closer to on-sale date.
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Share on LinkedIn
- Share on Flipboard
- Share on Reddit
- Share on WhatsApp
- Send to email
The 2020 BMW i3s Edition RoadStyle and i8 Ultimate Sophisto Editions
- i3s exclusive edition limited to 900 units worldwide.
- i8 Coupe and Roadster exclusive edition limited to 200 units worldwide.
- Production to begin in late 2019.
- Pricing to be announced closer to on-sale date.
- Fluid Black paint with E-Copper accents
- Dalbergia Brown Natural Leather
- 20-inch Style 431 Jet Black wheels
- Dark Oak fine wood trim
- Headrests embroidered with special edition name
- Sophisto Grey exterior paint with E-Copper accents
- E-Copper Leather upholstery
- Exclusive 20-inch Style 516 wheels finished in E-Copper
- Ultimate Sophisto Edition 1 of 200 interior badge
- Ultimate Sophisto Edition door sills
- Black painted brake calipers
- Head-Up Display
- Navigation with Apple CarPlay Compatibility
- Harman-Kardon Audio System
- Ceramic controls
- Anthracite headliner (i8 Coupe)
Source: Read Full Article