I feel the Jimny 5-door is an extension of the Gypsy and should not be compared with Thar.
BHPian saurabh041086 recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
Checked out Jimny today at Expo. Quick observations:
- Size definitely felt small(I am 180cm). At least until the price is out, lets not compare it with Thar.
- The suspension compression was significant. Might be due to multiple people getting in and out at the same time.
- Shoulder room in front is less than Swift or Ignis.
- In manual variant there will be shoulder rubbing for sure.
- With my minimal experience in Gypsy as passenger on front seat shoulder room felt almost similar.
- Headroom in front is sufficient. I found it better than GV for my height. Gap was almost like Brezza or my current ride XL6(I find GV headroom least compared to XL6,Brezza).
- Front seats are definitely thinner(base/back), narrower(seat base) and shorter(base length) than Swift or Ignis.
- In short my earlier ride Figo 2018 model has more comfortable seats than this.
- There is no seat height adjuster even on this top variant.
- Plastics though crude are much sturdier than any other Maruti.
- Though it’s a squarish car, door edges were soft and rounded to not cause any damage or harm.
- Rear seat again has thin base material. Strictly for two. Don’t even think of squeezing kids in between. They will punish you for this torture when they grow up.
- Biggest surprise or most irritating thing was the foot well on driver side. Display car was AT. Space was very less(I wear shoe size 45). There was only a dead pedal to the immediate left of brake pedal. Hardly any gap between dead pedal and brake. I am still not able to process how they will be able to fit a dead pedal in manual variant. I don’t think it’s feasible. Will be happy to be proven wrong.
- People who didn’t like Kinetic Yellow on Web may like it in person. I was in this situation. Though it will be a crowd magnet, and I will skip this color for the very reason.
- Granite Grey color on accessorized car is average. Maruti missed a great opportunity with Nardo Grey.
I feel this is an extension of Gypsy and should not be compared with Thar. For a family of more than 2, I doubt this can be the primary car.
Read BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article